Friday, June 25, 2010

Wrapping up

As the service trip comes to a close, I am filled with great consolation after a tremendously transformative, and somewhat exhausting week. Tonight's closing prayer was a moving testimony to the power of the Gospel. The work our boys did was exceptional; the reflection was even better. But prayer tonight filled me with the hope that these boys are well on the journey to realizing God's justice here on earth. As a teacher, I am also energized by the knowledge that they will bring these experiences and reflections back to BC High, where they will become the prophetic voices to their peers. I am both grateful and humbled that they allowed me to be a partner on part of that journey...

AMDG,

Mr. Chris Hayes '85
Religious Ed. Dept.

No comments:

Post a Comment