Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Night Camden Blog Post

While writing my blog and having a few of my firends heckle me, espically Keegan Hayes amd Daniel Curtis, I have noticed how much of a brotherhood BC High has. Coming to Camden I wanted a revelation of how privialeged my life and oppurtunities are. Without the brotherhood of my fellow students I would not have been able to have this revelation. Between my friends at BC High, Gonzaga, and Good Counsel I have had a revelation and I truly can say I understand what is important in life and what I need to do to help others. I have also realized that with teamwork even the toughest things can be accomplished. I have understood another thing, even if you are down you sure are not out. Today I met a person named Ivan Maxwell at Abigal House, a nursing home. He showed me that he had pride and that Camden is a beautiful home. Also we were talking about President John F. Kennedy and how one man killed him because he did not agree with him. I made the comment that sometimes even if you do the best things for people, a small percent of people will still find hatred. I made an analogy to Oscar Romero, the archbishop that the Romero Center is named after. Even though he was doing wonderful things for people a small percentage of people still found enough hatred for him that he was assasinated. He told me, "I love that. I never thought about that like that, but it is so true." He said it choked up and after he shed a tear. With that tear I had an unexpected willingness to be like Oscar Romero. I want to be a wonderful person who helps people who need help like these people in Camden and in my own city of Boston. Lastly, I would like to thank all the benefacotr's of BC High becasue without you I would not be at BC High and would not have the multiple opputunites that BC High gives. I would also like to thank my parents who work relentlessly to send me to BC High and in the future to college. i have noticed that these two groups. the benefactors and my parents, are the reason why I have changed as a person and as a student. Thank you so much. One thing that the Romero Center told me was "you say you know the poor, name them." That saying has changed my views and hopefully with some reflection it will change you as well.

Jon Montovani

No comments:

Post a Comment