Friday, June 25, 2010

romero center review cole murray

Hello people
My name is Cole Murray and I have spent a week at the Romero Center.
The Romero center was a very welcoming place located in east Camden, NJ. It was named after the Archbishop Oscar Romero a Jesuit. Many groups throughout the year mostly high school and college age kids take trips to the Romero center. The idea behind this community service center is to send these groups to various community centers in Camden and Philadelphia to have kid volunteers help out at these places. Many of these places are wonderful and have the most awe inspiring people who work there and run them. Although some places may require more physical labor than others, which usually interrupts one on ones with the people in the centers and other volunteers. Romero center also gives tours of Camden and shows you the whole city and how it has improved over the years. Also one day I volunteered to learn about immigration of Mexicans, and I discovered how difficult the journey is and the how most are just trying to help out their families. The Romero center also taught me a new understanding of what it is truly like to be homeless, and true life in Camden. I would recommend everyone to visit the Romero center center so they all can experience the true heart warming experiences I had. This trip was one of the best decisions I ever made and I hope everyone can experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment