Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camden Day Two

How's it going,

My name is Keegan Hayes and today was our second day here at Camden. Today my group and I attended the Genesis Rehabilitation Center, which is an eldery housing facility. At the center we were assigned to be broken up into two teams made up of two or three where then we were put weith the elderly residents. Then we did all sorts of activities including playing go-fish, arts/crafts, or even just talking to the residents. I was able to see God today through the residents' stories and interaction with them. Many of the residents just look for someone to talk to and have the oppurtunity to be with non-staff people. A funny coincidence that I discovered today was that one of my friend's at B.C. High great uncle was at this center and I was able to have a great conversation with him. Camden so far has been a good experience with all the work sites and meeting the other kids from Gonzaga Prep or Good Consul. I look forward to see what is in store for the rest of the week here at the Romero Center. Hope to have another post soon.


Keegan Hayes

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keegan,
    Glad to hear that you are having a rewarding time and meeting new people. Keep up the good work!

    Take care,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete